Leading Manufacturers of Aloe-Vera & Natural Herbal Products
Through a Symphony of TECHNOLOGY, SCIENCE & NATURE
Quality Products Admired and Utilised by INDIAN & OVERSEES
More Website Templates @ TemplateMonster.com - February 13, 2012!

Uses of Aloe Vera in Pharmaceuticals

Aloe-Vera is known as the master healing plant. The bulk of the Aloe-Vera leaf is filled with gel, 96% water with the other 4% containing 75 known substances. Applied to wounds, aloe gel is a mild anesthetic, relieving itching, swelling and pain. It is also is antibacterial and ant fungal, increased blood flow to wounded areas and stimulates fibroblasts, the skin cells responsible for wound healing. American Podiatric Medical Association found that both oral and topical aloe preparation speed wound healing. Animals were given either Aloe-Vera (100mg/kg body weight) in their drinking water for two months or 2% Aloe-Vera cream applied directly to wounds for six days. Aloe-Vera had positive effects in both cases. The size of wounds decreased 62% in the animals taking oral aloe compared to a 51% in the control group. Topical aloe produced a 51% decrease in wound size compared to a 33% in the control group. The Aloe - Vera can be in the form of a Freeze Dry powder or a liquid.

Aloe-Vera decreases surgical recovery time, according to a report in the Journal of Dermatologic Surgery and Oncology. Eighteen acne patients underwent facial dermabraion surgery, in which liaisons are scraped away. Dressing were applied to their faces, with half of each person's face receiving the standard dressing coated with surgical gel, and the other half with Aloe-Vera added to this dressing. The half of the face treated with Aloe-Vera healed approximately 72 hours faster than the other side. Any wound heals better with Aloe-Vera whether it is surgical or naturally inflected.

The Aloe-Vera is very digestible whether it is in a Freeze Dry or liquid. (It is also water soluble.)